1) high relative rates of net nitrification
2) long-term increases in streamwater concentrations of nitrate and base cations
3) relatively high nitrate concentrations in solution losses
4) little seasonal variability in stream-water nitrate concentrations - with N no longer being limiting in a system, high concentrations of N are expected regardless of the season.
5) a high discharge of nitrate from a young aggrading forest
6) a rapid increase in nitrate loss following fertilization of a young aggrading forest
7) low retention of inorganic nitrogen when
compared with other forested sites. - This was discussed in lecture; N saturation doesn't necessarily imply a ceasing of inorganic N uptake, only a reduction in rate.